Why do we make plans that span beyond the time that we don’t know we have?
Because we are human 😉
Here is some Biblical advice for all of our PLAN MAKING.
1.( Jeremiah 29:11) “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
2. (Proverbs 19:21) “There are many devices in a man’s heart; nevertheless the counsel of the Lord, that shall stand.”
3. (Proverbs 3:5-6) “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In ALL thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths.”
4.(1 Thessalonians 5:9) ” For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.”
5. (Psalm 23:6) “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
6. (Philippians 1:6) ” Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.”
7. (1 Peter 5:10) “But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.”
8. (Matthew 6:10) “Thy kingdom come, thy will be done in earth, as it is in Heaven.”
Resolution #1. I will bring my new year in…not “clinking” a champagne glass, but praising the Lord and giving Him all of the glory for carrying me through (2015)…WHOLE.